Prosperous Future – Job Growth and Retention
- Expand and formalize the tactics of the regional business retention and expansion program across current targeted sectors and regional partners.
- Continue the aggressive focus on the attraction of jobs and new companies to the region in targeted industry sectors.
- Develop a portfolio of technical assistance programs for high-growth companies in the region.
- Track the number of jobs in danger of leaving the region, and the number of those jobs retained.
- Strategically leverage advocacy efforts for key economic development legislative priorities impacting existing and potential businesses.
Skilled Future – Workforce Development
- Implement a comprehensive strategy to align educational curriculum to the needs of regional business and industry.
- Convene and collaborate with regional partners to increase regional attainment of post-secondary degrees and certificates.
- Attract and retain skilled talent through recruitment tools and programs.
- Assert Tulsa’s regional identity to attract skilled talent through branding and public relations strategies.
- Strengthen and build upon the strategic objectives and programming of Tulsa’s Young Professionals (TYPros) to continue efforts to attract and retain young talent.
- Impact local, state and federal policy to secure education funding and skilled worker tax credits while protecting and improving the region’s higher-education infrastructure.
Innovative Future – Entrepreneurial Culture
- Support innovation-friendly planning and policy.
- Increase the number of support services provided to entrepreneurs and small businesses.
- Increase access to venture capital in the region by supporting the development of a seed fund for Tulsa region and northeast Oklahoma startups.
- Foster an entrepreneurial culture and increase diversity in new ventures.
- Bring together education institutions’ entrepreneur opportunities.
- Re-launch the annual report on the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Livable Future – Community Development
- Cultivate a thriving and welcoming region through the advancement of diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Support commercial corridor strategies to drive regional investments and improvements, including the development of transportation and mobility options for the region’s workforce.
- Implement a downtown Tulsa strategic action plan to maximize public funding tools, advance real estate development, and further positive perceptions of downtown’s resurgence.
- Accelerate regional riverfront development.
- Advocate for and support improvements in community safety innovation and coordination in partnership with non-profit organizations and social service providers.